Thursday, October 29, 2009

Would You Paddle Upstream in a Raging River ?



In 2007, Abraham wrote a book entitled: "The Astonishing Power of Emotions, Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide", where they explained in great detail how to understand our emotions and how to benefit from that understanding.

Remember the post about "Why do dogs risk getting an insect in their eye by sticking their head out the car window ?"

Well this is another video put out by Ester and Jerry Hicks.

I was particularly taken with the story/ analogy of going white water rafting and instead of putting our raft into the raging river and paddling downstream - rather trying to paddle upstream against the current. I often find myself paddling upstream and wonder how did I manage to do that ?

Whenever I go with my gut feeling things seem to work out fine - it is only when I try too hard to get things right I seem to end up like a drowned rat.

In the months leading up to the release of that book, they commonly told the story of our human misunderstanding of people trying to achieve gain through pain and struggle as so many of them deliberately dig in, ignoring their own emotional guidance.

This video might be a bit out there for some of you, but there were more comments about the dog video than any other post Ihave done - so enjoy !

Brought to you by

No comments: